Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Jay Allen <al...@us.ibm.com> on 2007/01/15 18:29:34 UTC

Admin interface error

All,

At least once a week our blog owners can't get into their blog admin
because of the following error:

Error 500: ServletException in '/theme/menu-editor.jsp': Exception;
TEMPLATE_CLASSPATH=/menu-tabbed.vm; exception=null

I'm guessing it's because a Hibernate call that is used in menu-tabbed.vm
is returning null, but that's just a guess.  Has anyone had experience
with this error, we have to restart at least once a week because of it.

We are running Roller 2.0 on a WAS/DB2 box.  Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Jay

Think you know sports?
http://www.lockerjock.com
"Dunk you very much." - Darryl Dawkins

Re: Admin interface error

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
I haven't seen that one, but then again I've never run Roller on
WAS/DB2. The fact that it's intermittent sure makes it pretty
difficult to debug. You might need to add extra try-catch and
debugging to the menu implementation classes so you can find the
offending line of code.

- Dave