Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dhawal Doshy <dh...@netmagicsolutions.com> on 2006/12/12 19:14:06 UTC

SA and Blackberry

Hello List,

Here is a sample mail sent from a blackberry device.

===========
To: recipient@anotherdomain.tld
Subject: Test mail
From: "=?UTF-8?B?U2hyaXJhbmdhIE11bGF5?=" <se...@domain.tld>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:48:01 +0000
	score=-1.3, required 5, BAYES_00 -2.60, BOTNET_SERVERWORDS -0.01,
	FROM_EXCESS_BASE64 1.31)

Test mail from blackberry
===========

Every mail hits the 'FROM_EXCESS_BASE64' rule, with some hitting these
as well.
MIME_BASE64_BLANKS
MIME_BASE64_NO_NAME
MIME_BASE64_TEXT

A search on google and the sa-list doesn't get you much except a post by
dallas: http://www.nabble.com/Blackberry-changes--p3502033.html and
another thread "Scoring base64 blob messages". The blackberry public KB
doesn't yield anything at all.

Now i am sure a lot of you deal with Blackberry users.. any
recommendations on reducing the total score for such users? I could
reduce the score for these rules in particular OR use
whitelist_from_rcvd but that would be a less preferred option.

Also not relevant, but i had to temporarily include the blackberry
servers in my SPF record to resolve SPF_SOFTFAIL issues.

- dhawal