Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hasan Bramwell <ha...@ECNET.EC> on 2001/04/10 07:47:11 UTC

Can AJP13 & mod_jk do a multi-machine configuration??

Hi.

Can AJP13 & mod_jk do a multi-machine configuration, or do I have to use
mod_jserv??

I can't get a working configuration of Apache with mod_jk to talk ajp13
to TomCat on a different physical server.

Is this supposed to be possible?

Could someone please post a working set of config files that show that
in action?

The documentation has such a mix of mod_jserv and mod_jk configuration
file examples, with little guidance as to what is current and what is
obsolete, that it is really hard to tell which alternatives to follow.

I've been using Apache JServ with great success since late 1998.  I'm
now trying to convert a big project to TomCat.  I have the whole project
setup and working in a single machine.  To go into production I need to
have several physical servers running TomCat behind my Apache server,
but I can't get anything to work.

I'm assuming that what I currently do with mod_jserv configurations ...

  jserv.conf:
                         :
                         :
     ApJServMount /search ajpv12://200.31.10.52:8007/SRI_Zone
                         :
                         :

is accomplished under mod_jk like this ...

  worker.properties
                         :
                         :
    worker.list=ajp13, SRI

    worker.SRI.port=8007
    worker.SRI.host=200.31.10.52
    worker.SRI.type=ajp13
                         :
                         :

  mod_jk.conf
                         :
                         :
    JkMount /search SRI
                         :
                         :

... but, (among many other doubts),  I don't get how to create the
equivalent of SRI_Zone on the remote machine.

I think I'm not the only one who would appreciate a good set of examples
of this.

TIA

Hasan