Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sangmin Lee <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/20 16:52:45 UTC

HDFS recovery code question

Hi all,

I have some question regarding the hdfs recovery mechanism.

I see that INodeFileUnderConstruction has a "targets" field that stores list
of datanodes which store its last block.
However, I don't see them being used at all except that
"internalReleaseLease" function uses the length of the datanode list.
Is there any other use of the "target" fields rather than checking its
length?

Could anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Sangmin

Re: HDFS recovery code question

Posted by Sangmin Lee <sa...@gmail.com>.
Okay.. I was going dumb by misreading some source code.
Please ignore my question regarding this.
Sorry about this.

Sangmin