Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Edna Y Morales <ey...@us.ibm.com> on 2015/10/30 19:31:19 UTC

CB-9901 cordova plugin search opens in a browser

Hi all,

I have made a change to have the cordova plugin search command open the
browser to 'http://cordova.apache.org/plugins/?q=<search term>'. Nikhil has
reviewed the changes already and they look good. But I just wanted to make
sure the community is good with this change before I merge it in.

Thanks,
Edna

Re: CB-9901 cordova plugin search opens in a browser

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
I think is a nice thing to have for those users starting to use the CLI and
running by hand.

Similar to the "ionic docs" cli command

Posted by Tim Barham <Ti...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
I would MUCH rather just remove search functionality from the cli.
One less hook to worry about, one less feature to support, and we don't
need to add a dependency to do it.

Opener is nice because it has zero dependencies, I'm just not sure how
compatible we are with the WTFPL license.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.