Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Henry Yeh <hy...@Scheduling.com> on 2001/09/05 23:02:09 UTC

browsing web pages served by Tomcat 3.2.3 using a MACINTOSH ?

has anyone accessed webpages served by tomcat, using IE or Netscape ?
I tried to access a simple JSP page served by tomcat 3.2.3 and in IE, I got
back the page without images, and on Netscape I got the actual JSP file !

any ideas ?

thanks,
Henry

Display JSP files in browser?

Posted by john regan <jr...@jockamo.com>.
I would like to display a jsp file in a browser, similar to what Marty Hall
does at
http://archive.coreservlets.com/JSP-Code/Greetings.jsp

Using apache/tomcat. I tried moving the file to the apache html directory, but
I still get a 404 error from Tomcat. Obviously, apache will forward all jsp
files to tomcat. If the file is not found by Tomcat, I get a 404. If it is
registered, then the page executes the jsp code. Either way, the browser
doesn't view the jsp code.

I thought there was a thread on this last month, but I couldn't turn it up in
a search.

Thanks.

Re: browsing web pages served by Tomcat 3.2.3 using aMACINTOSH ?

Posted by john regan <jr...@jockamo.com>.
I saw something similar before I set up Tomcat to run under apache. Are you
accessing the page from a different computer? Perhaps on the host machine you
are entering the ":8080", but your forgetting this on the Mac. ...that's what
I did. :-/

Posted by Tim O'Neil <to...@xythos.com>.
At 02:02 PM 9/5/2001, you wrote:
>has anyone accessed webpages served by tomcat, using IE or Netscape ?
>I tried to access a simple JSP page served by tomcat 3.2.3 and in IE, I got
>back the page without images, and on Netscape I got the actual JSP file !

Yes. no problems.

>any ideas ?

Site error. Time to debug.

Re: browsing web pages served by Tomcat 3.2.3 using a MACINTOSH ?

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Henry Yeh" <hy...@Scheduling.com> wrote:

> has anyone accessed webpages served by tomcat, using IE or Netscape ?
> I tried to access a simple JSP page served by tomcat 3.2.3 and in IE, I got
> back the page without images, and on Netscape I got the actual JSP file !
>
> any ideas ?

Never had a problem on both OS/9 or OS/X...

    Pier