Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/04/26 22:38:44 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant BuildException.java Main.java ProjectHelper.java Target.java Task.java ApacheParser.java Parser.java SunParser.java parser.properties

rubys@locus.apache.org wrote:

> rubys       00/04/26 12:09:18
>
>   Modified:    .        bootstrap.bat bootstrap.sh build.bat build.sh
>                         build.xml
>                src/main/org/apache/tools/ant BuildException.java Main.java
>                         ProjectHelper.java Target.java Task.java
>   Removed:     lib      xml.jar
>                src/main/org/apache/tools/ant ApacheParser.java Parser.java
>                         SunParser.java parser.properties
>   Log:
>   Support JAXP and SAX1.0
>   Submitted by: Matt Foemmel

While we are messing around with the build process for Ant, how about taking this opportunity to conform to the place other
Jakarta projects create their "build" and "dist" outputs?  For Taglibs/Tomcat/Watchdog, they go to ../build/xxxx and ../dist/xxxx
rather than embedded in the project directory like Ant currently does.

Craig McClanahan