Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Greg Dritschler <gr...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/06 18:20:55 UTC

Re: [Spec Related] 'provides' attribute in PolicySet

Venkat,

I was trying some stuff with policy sets and noticed the QName resolution
wasn't working as I expected.  Specifically the targetNameSpace attribute of
the definitions.xml document doesn't appear to be used to form the QName of
the policy sets within.  I recalled we had discussed this in this old
thread.

PolicySetProcessor does this:
   policySet.setName(getQName(reader, NAME));

So it is trying to treat the @name attribute as a QName.  I thought we had
concluded it is an NCName.

For comparison CompositeProcessor does this:
  composite.setName(new QName(getString(reader, TARGET_NAMESPACE),
getString(reader, NAME)));

This is what I thought would happen based on this discussion.

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
I have fixed this under r634975.

Thanks

- Venkat

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Dritschler <gr...@gmail.com>.
See below.

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Dritschler <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg,

Yes, it seems that when the PolicySet name is a NCName it does not assume
the targetNamespace as its namespace.  I shall fix this rightaway.

But then, I suppose its ok for a PolicySet name to be a QName when it is
desired to have the PolicySet take a namespace other than the
targetNamespace. i.e. all policysets in a definitions.xml need not belong to