Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Yang <te...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/29 21:05:39 UTC

hacking the hive ql parser?

I'm trying to create a utility to parse out the data lineage (i.e. DAG
dependency graph) among all my hive scripts.

to do this I need to parse out the input and output tables from a query.
does this ability existing already? if not, I'm going to hack the parser.
I am not very familiar with the parser code structure of hive, could
anybody give me some tips on where to start?
(I see the .g files, but not sure where is the rest ---- I am more familiar
with the ASTvisitor paradigm in antlr, but can't find similar files in the
parser dir)

thanks
Yang

Re: hacking the hive ql parser?