Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Paul Gale <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/01 05:10:53 UTC

expireMessagesPeriod?

Hi,

On this page of the doc:
http://activemq.apache.org/manage-durable-subscribers.html

it states the following:

"Some applications send message with specified time to live. If those
messages are kept on the broker for the offline durable subscriber we need
to remove them when they reach their expiry time. Just as we do with
queues, now we check for those messages every 30 seconds by default, which
can be tuned with the appropriate destination
policy<http://activemq.apache.org/per-destination-policies.html>
."

The bit that stood out was: "Just as we do with queues, now we check for
those messages every 30 seconds by default...".

   1. Does this mean that up until this option was introduced that messages
   expiration was never enforced on topics just queues?
   2. In what version of ActiveMQ did this option become available? It
   might explain behavior we're seeing in the old version of ActiveMQ we're
   using.

Thanks,
Paul

Re:expireMessagesPeriod?