Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dejan Diklic <de...@attributor.com> on 2010/10/23 01:42:44 UTC

Hiring hadoop engineers

Don't want to spam the list, but since we had awesome luck last time
here is the job posting:

 Software Engineer
The Platform Engineering team is responsible for developing a highly
specialized web-scale search infrastructure, including crawling,
content processing, indexing, and query serving. This is 100% backend
work, so we are looking for distributed systems experts and smart
algorithm developers who know how to design and build scalable
solutions. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in
software-development for distributed systems, experience with large
clusters of heterogeneous systems, and a solid history of designing,
developing, debugging, and supporting large scale software
applications.
Experience

    * 3+ years of development experience
    * 2+ years at a company solving web scale problems
    * Previous experience of crawling or advertising problems spaces a plus

Skills

    * You must be driven
    * Strong Java (Perl a plus)
    * Hands-on Hadoop / MapReduce experience
    * Familiarity with Hive/Cassandra/Hbase a plus
    * Unix/Linux development skills
    * Problem solving and analytical skills

Dejan