Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Nik Clayton <ni...@ngo.org.uk> on 2006/10/26 15:25:17 UTC

Call for feeds: Planet Subversion

Hi all,

I've been kicking the tires of a tool called Plagger, and used it to
build a prototype "Planet Subversion".  Essentially, this is an
aggregation of feeds from various sources that are hopefully of interest
to Subversion developers and users.

     http://jc.ngo.org.uk/~nik/planet-subversion/

You can either read this in your browser, or point your favourite
RSS/ATOM client at it.

It's a bit light on feeds at the moment, so if anyone's got any they'd
care to recommend to me I'll add them in.  The one thing I won't add is
a feed of commits to the repo -- I tried that, it rapidly overwhelms all
the other content on there.

As you can probably tell from the URL, this is not going to be its final
home.  Assuming that people find this useful I'm happy to continue to
host the site, perhaps under planet.subversion.org or similar.  Whatever
  the community would like, really.

Oh, one more thing -- as you can see, the content's not wholly
Subversion specific.  That very much depends on what people write about,
and what feeds it uses.

I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other, Garrett on #svn-dev
did say

    actually, FWIW i tend to like that planetapache includes stuff that
    isn't strictly ASF related.  it's always nice to hear what's going on
    in people's lives, etc.

Re: Call for feeds: Planet Subversion

Posted by Nik Clayton <ni...@ngo.org.uk>.
Hi all,