Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Roy Parker <r....@sbcglobal.net> on 2014/03/10 19:23:16 UTC

Apple compatibility

Is Open Office 4.0.1 compatible with MacBook Pro OSX 10.9.2?

Thank you,

Roy

Re: Apple compatibility

Posted by Catalan Bird Tours <ca...@gmail.com>.
I found OO for Mac recently through a simple google search (sure it was on
the OO's own website) and it works absolutely fine -  so far!

Stephen Christopher

www.catalanbirdtours.com
Birding Holidays and Bird Tours in Spain

www.surfbirds.com/blog/spainbirding/
Spain Birding blog, trip reports and photos

Re: Apple compatibility

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
James Knott wrote:
> Since you're using a flash drive at the library, you might also consider
> the Portable Apps version, which you install on a flash drive.
> http://portableapps.com/apps/office/openoffice_portable

This one is badly outdated, although an updated version is in the works
and expected to be available soon.

Please find up-to-date information at
http://www.openoffice.org/porting/

Regards,
   Andrea.

portable AOO (was Re: Apple compatibility

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.
On 11 Mar 2014, at 11:27, James Knott <ja...@rogers.com> wrote:

> Since you're using a flash drive at the library, you might also consider
> the Portable Apps version, which you install on a flash drive.
> http://portableapps.com/apps/office/openoffice_portable

I've done this, and it works, but it is painfully slow compared to native mode on my mac or a Windoze machine.  jt

Re: Apple compatibility

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.

Re: Apple compatibility

Posted by John Miller <jr...@gmail.com>.
Dear James,
Thank you very much. I've been googling it for months. I'm working from my
library (UK) as I can't afford an internet connection at the moment, but
I'll try it from my flash drive tonight.
Thanks once again.
John

Re: Apple compatibility

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.