Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/09/17 22:03:45 UTC

New core-site property

Hi,

  As part of the savanna project I'm adding the swift integration to our hadoop installation.  The integration requires certain core-site properties to be defined.  I can leverage the REST APIs to successfully write some of the general properties to core-site (e.g. fs.swift.impl), but provider specific properties (properties such as fs.swift.service.savanna.auth.url) are triggering parsing errors:

{
  "href" : "http://172.18.3.1:8080/api/v1/clusters/swift/requests/1/tasks/3",
  "Tasks" : {
    "attempt_cnt" : 1,
    "cluster_name" : "swift",
    "command" : "INSTALL",
    "exit_code" : 1,
    "host_name" : "swift-master-001.novalocal",
    "id" : 3,
    "request_id" : 1,
    "role" : "GANGLIA_SERVER",
    "stage_id" : 1,
    "start_time" : 1379446562297,
    "status" : "FAILED",
    "stderr" : "none\nCould not parse for environment production: Syntax error at '.' at /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/site-3.pp:187 on node swift-master-001.novalocal\n",
    "stdout" : "notice: Finished catalog run in 0.03 seconds\nNone"
  }
}

  Is there an Ambari mechanism for defining additional properties so that I don't get these parsing issues?

-- Jon

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: New core-site property

Posted by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>.
Attached.

-- Jon

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: New core-site property

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
Jon,

Can you attach the site-3.pp file as well?

/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/site-3.pp

-Sumit

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE