Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Peter Mueller <pm...@atso.com> on 2018/07/03 16:50:24 UTC

How Beam's helped our bottom line...

Hi Gris and everyone,
Not a very techie post, but thought I'd contribute a little on the economic
case for open-source, and Apache Beam in particular.

TLDR;  We're finding that, at critical points in our sales cycle, our
customers are choosing us precisely because we offer a 'call option' on
future runner choice.

http://blog.atso.com/how-open-source-is-reshaping-our-business

I thought it would be refreshing to hear this, since lots is written on
technical/community benefits of open source and how (obviously) it helps
you save costs on otherwise-proprietary/expensive solutions.   Little's
been written about positive impact on revenue-side of the ledger.

Best,
Peter

CTO
ATS, Inc.

Re: How Beam's helped our bottom line...

Posted by Rafael Fernandez <rf...@google.com>.
Wow, what a nice thing to read! Thanks for sharing, Peter!