Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Zhankun Tang <zt...@apache.org> on 2019/06/06 13:23:08 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop Submarine 0.2.0 - RC0

Hi folks,

Thanks to all of you who have contributed in this submarine 0.2.0 release.
We now have a release candidate (RC0) for Apache Hadoop Submarine 0.2.0.

The Artifacts for this Submarine-0.2.0 RC0 are available here:

https://home.apache.org/~ztang/submarine-0.2.0-rc0/

It's RC tag in git is "submarine-0.2.0-RC0".

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org at
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1221/

This vote will run 7 days (5 weekdays), ending on 13th June at 11:59 pm PST.

The highlights of this release.

1. Linkedin's TonY runtime support in Submarine

2. PyTorch enabled in Submarine with both YARN native service runtime
(single node) and TonY runtime

3. Support uber jar of Submarine to submit the job

4. The YAML file to describe a job

5. The Notebook support (by Apache Zeppelin Submarine interpreter)

Thanks to Sunil, Wangda, Xun, Zac, Keqiu, Szilard for helping me in
preparing the release.

I have done a few testing with my pseudo cluster. My +1 (non-binding) to
start.

Regards,
Zhankun

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop Submarine 0.2.0 - RC0

Posted by Szilard Nemeth <sn...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Szilard Nemeth <sn...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Zhankun Tang <zt...@apache.org>.
Hi folks,

Thanks for helping to vote this submarine 0.2.0 release!

With 4 binding votes, 9 non-binding votes and no veto, this voting process
passed.
I'm going to work on the next step. Thanks!

Thanks,
Zhankun

Posted by Zhankun Tang <zt...@apache.org>.
Hi folks,

Posted by Zhankun Tang <zt...@apache.org>.
Hi folks,

Posted by Zhankun Tang <zt...@apache.org>.
Hi folks,

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.
+1(binding)

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.
+1(binding)

Posted by sid yu <ji...@gmail.com>.
Looks great. +1 (non-binding)

Posted by Oliver Hu <ol...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Xun Liu <ne...@163.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Xun Liu <ne...@163.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Xun Liu <ne...@163.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Wanqiang Ji <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Wanqiang Ji <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Wanqiang Ji <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Wanqiang Ji <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by runlin zhang <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1 , I'm looking forward to it ~

Posted by Zhankun Tang <zt...@apache.org>.
Wangda,

The updated user doc is here (this link is hidden from the web page to
avoid confusion):
https://hadoop.apache.org/submarine/docs/0.2.0/Index/

And let's continue the voting process. Thanks!

BR,
Zhankun

Posted by Zhankun Tang <zt...@apache.org>.
Wangda,