Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/24 11:13:41 UTC

Axis question

I'm redeveloping the Livelink connector because the API code has been
discontinued and the only API is now web services based.  The WSDLs and
XSDs have been exported and I'm trying to use the Axis tool WSDL2Java to
convert to Java code.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make this work
-- even though the WSDLs references have been made local and the XSDs also
seem to be getting parsed, it complains about missing definitions, even
though those definitions are clearly present in the XSD files.

Has anyone had enough experience with this tool, and web services in
general, to figure out what's wrong?  I've tried turning on as verbose a
debugging level for WSDL2Java as I can and it's no help at all.  I suspect
namespace issues but I can't figure out what they are.

Thanks in advance,
Karl

Re: Axis question

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
The cxf stuff is already present, and is available in connector-common-lib
as well, so all that might be needed might be a new ant rule to invoke it:

01/17/2019  05:47 PM         1,400,339 cxf-core-3.2.6.jar
01/17/2019  05:46 PM           181,690 cxf-rt-bindings-soap-3.2.6.jar
01/17/2019  05:46 PM            38,307 cxf-rt-bindings-xml-3.2.6.jar
01/17/2019  05:46 PM           105,048 cxf-rt-databinding-jaxb-3.2.6.jar
01/17/2019  05:47 PM           680,120 cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs-3.2.6.jar
01/17/2019  05:46 PM           346,308 cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws-3.2.6.jar
01/17/2019  05:46 PM           103,850 cxf-rt-frontend-simple-3.2.6.jar
01/17/2019  05:47 PM           179,790 cxf-rt-rs-client-3.2.6.jar
01/17/2019  05:47 PM           362,532 cxf-rt-transports-http-3.2.6.jar
01/17/2019  05:46 PM            75,478 cxf-rt-ws-addr-3.2.6.jar
01/17/2019  05:46 PM           214,507 cxf-rt-ws-policy-3.2.6.jar
01/17/2019  05:46 PM           173,359 cxf-rt-wsdl-3.2.6.jar

We'd also need XSD code generation, which is currently done by Castor
(haven't even tried it yet), so if this package has that ability too, it
would would be fantastic.

Karl

Re: Axis question

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
I've been fighting with this pretty hard for a couple of hours now.  I did
find the proper cxf tools jar eventually but I'm getting one dependency
problem after another.  Currently I have:

classcreate-wsdl-cxf:
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/mnt/c/wip/mcf/CONNECTORS-1566/connectors/csws/build/wsdljava
     [java] Jan 25, 2019 4:09:02 PM org.apache.cxf.staxutils.StaxUtils
createXMLInputFactory
     [java] WARNING: Could not create a secure Stax XMLInputFactory.  Found
class com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLInputFactoryImpl.  Suggest Woodstox
4.2.0 or newer.
     [java] Jan 25, 2019 4:09:03 PM org.apache.cxf.staxutils.StaxUtils
createXMLInputFactory
     [java] WARNING: Could not create a secure Stax XMLInputFactory.  Found
class com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLInputFactoryImpl.  Suggest Woodstox
4.2.0 or newer.
     [java]
     [java] WSDLToJava Error: Could not find jaxws frontend within classpath
     [java]
<<<<<<

... even though I have jaxws* in the path and woodstox 5.7 too.

Rafa, can you tell me what classpath you are using and what the full
dependencies are for this tool?

Karl

Re: Axis question

Posted by Rafa Haro <rh...@apache.org>.