Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Henning Sprang <he...@gmx.de> on 2006/09/13 13:33:44 UTC

is www.maven.org associated with maven?

Hi,
Does anyboy know http://www.maven.org/ ?

I just came across this site, it has nothing but a donation link on
it, no description what it should be and who is responsible for it.
Are they in any way connected to maven, or are they trying to get
donations which are orginally meant to go  to the apache maven
project?

BTW: the maven site has no contact info at all to get in contact with
anybody responsble for the project(which I just tried). A users lists
is not the same in my opinion, normally I had directed this request to
the webmaster of maven.apache.org. And I think every site should have
something like "contact" info on it.
Even the address of this list is very hidden under "general
information" - I think most people looking for a mailing list of an
open source project are searching in "help", "documentation", or are
expecting a "lists" link in the menu, but all these dont help finding
this list's address.
Just a hint for making the web usability of the maven site a bit
better, hopefully somebody in charge is reading this...

Henning

Re: is www.maven.org associated with maven?

Posted by Ralph Pöllath <li...@poellath.org>.
On 13.09.2006, at 13:33, Henning Sprang wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyboy know http://www.maven.org/ ?
>
> I just came across this site, it has nothing but a donation link on
> it, no description what it should be and who is responsible for it.
> Are they in any way connected to maven, or are they trying to get
> donations which are orginally meant to go  to the apache maven
> project?

$ whois maven.org
Registrant Name: van Zyl, Jason

> BTW: the maven site has no contact info at all to get in contact with
> anybody responsble for the project(which I just tried).

http://maven.apache.org/team-list.html

Cheers,
-Ralph.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 13 Sep 06, at 1:33 PM 13 Sep 06, Henning Sprang wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyboy know http://www.maven.org/ ?

It's where the central repository is now. I'll put more of a
description there. Thanks for watching out for us but that's a
friendly site :-)

> I just came across this site, it has nothing but a donation link on
> it, no description what it should be and who is responsible for it.
> Are they in any way connected to maven, or are they trying to get
> donations which are orginally meant to go  to the apache maven
> project?
>

> BTW: the maven site has no contact info at all to get in contact with
> anybody responsble for the project(which I just tried). A users lists
> is not the same in my opinion, normally I had directed this request to
> the webmaster of maven.apache.org. And I think every site should have
> something like "contact" info on it.
> Even the address of this list is very hidden under "general
> information" - I think most people looking for a mailing list of an
> open source project are searching in "help", "documentation", or are
> expecting a "lists" link in the menu, but all these dont help finding
> this list's address.
> Just a hint for making the web usability of the maven site a bit
> better, hopefully somebody in charge is reading this...
>
> Henning

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org