Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by ggonzales <gg...@exist.com> on 2008/07/04 14:27:41 UTC

logMrpError in MrpServices exception

I was trying to execute an MRP in OFBiz (from trunk) and there must have been
something missing in how I'm doing it because the MRP execution was going to
MrpServices#logMrpError( String, String, GenericDelegator ). That's all
right (still retracing my steps and researching) but then logMrpError itself
was showing an error:

Message: Failure in create operation for entity [MrpEvent]:
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericEntityException: Error while inserting:
[GenericEntity:MrpEvent] ... (Column 'MRP_ID'  cannot accept a NULL value.))

And it's because of this line in MrpServices (lines 531-534):

GenericValue inventoryEventError = delegator.makeValue("MrpEvent",
UtilMisc.toMap("productId", productId, "eventDate", eventDate,
"mrpEventTypeId", "ERROR", "eventName", errorMessage));

which is trying to create an MrpEvent entity but passing in only a product
id in the parameters map. I tried looking in JIRA if it's been filed already
but it doesn't look like it. Should I go ahead and create an issue?

I have written a patch  http://rafb.net/p/9VvaCM49.html here  which involves
modifying the call in ProposedOrder.java as well, not sure about the
external effects.

Thanks :)

Cheers,
Glenn

Re: logMrpError in MrpServices exception

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glenn,

thanks for the report, I have committed some fixes in rev. 674084 and
now it should work.

Cheers,

Jacopo