Posted to users@maven.apache.org by EJ Ciramella <ej...@upromise.com> on 2008/03/30 22:41:44 UTC

deleting things out of a repository

What's the best way to remove, say, 10 or so old builds out of the
repository (a locally run/managed one)?

is there a "mvn undeploy" command?

RE: deleting things out of a repository

Posted by ro...@aciworldwide.com.
This is a very valid scenario and one that I need to address before I
formally replace our Ant build with Maven. The build currently runs about
600Mb before it's done and will (fairly) quickly exhaust the diskspace on
our build machine. Even today, the last thing we do is archive the
complete build and move it "offline", to make room for the next one.

What I had thought  I might to is to tweak the settings xml so that a
single release build went to it's own repository folder structure, say
~/.m2/b20080331-123046.

Then the cleanup is a simple rmdir.

Does that seem like a plausible answer?

Robert Egan

--
This email message and any attachments may contain confidential,
proprietary or non-public information.  The information is intended solely

RE: deleting things out of a repository

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ej...@upromise.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.