Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2013/01/29 17:51:38 UTC

Re: Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Arun,
>
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 6:52 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> Happy new year folks!
>>
>> I'm glad to see that we are down to the last couple of blockers I hope we can resolve in the next 24-hrs or so.
>>
>> Once done, I'll create a branch-2.0.3-alpha to unblock branch-2
>> for commits targeted towards the next release, create the new fix-versions in jira and spin the RC.
>
> Quick question -- when do you think you can have the
> branch-2.0.3-alpha in place?
>
> We'd *really* like to start testing it in Bigtop ASAP (Bigtop 0.6.0 is
> supposed to be
> based on Hadoop 2.0.3) so we can avoid integration issues like we had between
> 2.0.2 and Oozie.
>
> Any help in making it available to us sooner would be greatly appreciated!

On top of that I'd like to nominate:
as a blocker. For as long as it is not fixed Oozie is unusable with
Hadoop 2.0.[23].

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
+1 - that'd be critical.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> I believe we can disregard MAPREDUCE-4820 since MAPREDUCE-4549 is already in branch-2. FYI.

Arun, that very well may be the case -- let me take a closer look and
report back (on the JIRA).

Also, any chance you could comment on when the branch can be cut?
It would make verification of things MAPREDUCE-4820 so much easier.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.