Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by "Lo, George C" <Ge...@ca.com> on 2008/01/08 21:33:53 UTC

Database not found - JPetStoreApp on Tomcat 6.0

While trying to deploy the JPetStoreApp demo on Tomcat 6.0 on JDK 1.6, I
got the following error.   Did I miss something?

Caused by: com.ibatis.dao.client.DaoException: Error starting SQL Map
transaction.  Cause: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException:
Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Database
'Databases/JPetStoreDB' not found.)
Caused by: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Database 'Databases/JPetStoreDB' not found.)
        at
com.ibatis.dao.engine.transaction.sqlmap.SqlMapDaoTransaction.(SqlMapDao
Transaction.java:25)
        at
com.ibatis.dao.engine.transaction.sqlmap.SqlMapDaoTransactionManager.sta
rtTransaction(SqlMapDaoTransactionManager.java:48)
        at
com.ibatis.dao.engine.impl.DaoContext.startTransaction(DaoContext.java:8
2)
        at com.ibatis.dao.engine.impl.DaoProxy.invoke(DaoProxy.java:60)
        at $Proxy12.getProductListByCategory(Unknown Source)
        at
com.ibatis.jpetstore.service.CatalogService.getProductListByCategory(Cat
alogService.java:60)
        at
com.ibatis.jpetstore.presentation.CatalogBean.viewCategory(CatalogBean.j
ava:134)
        ... 24 more

Re: Database not found - JPetStoreApp on Tomcat 6.0

Posted by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM>.
Lo, George C wrote:
> While trying to deploy the JPetStoreApp demo on Tomcat 6.0 on JDK 1.6, I
> got the following error.   Did I miss something?

Hello,

Not having tried the JPetStoreApp demo, my pieces of advice are pretty
general. Since the database can't be found;

  1) Verify that the database has indeed been created.
     (and that it is not being deleted)
  2) Make sure the JDBC connection URL is valid.

I notice you are using a relative path in the JDBC connection URL
(Databases/JPetStoreDB). This might not work as expected based on
whether derby.system.home is set, or from which directory the container
(Tomcat) starts Derby.
You can see if this is indeed the problem by trying with an absolute
path to the database.

hth,
--
Kristian