Posted to users@shindig.apache.org by Darren Bond <db...@globalcad.com> on 2013/09/30 16:55:07 UTC

Data Persistence of Google Gadgets (e.g. TODO List)

Dear All,

We have implemented a solution using Java Shindig and can display Google
gadgets such as the To-Do List here
www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml

However, we are unable to get gadgets to save data on the live website. Data
persistence is only happening on the local server.

Our developer tries to summarise it as follows...

The data is requested via the OAuth mechanism from the server. I believe we
need to implement the OAuth mechanism for registered services relating to
our application and get the security key. I could not find how to register
services application and obtain the relevant key. One gets the feeling that
the TODO gadget is designed only to work with iGoogle.

Can anyone help?

Kind regards,

Darren

Re: Data Persistence of Google Gadgets (e.g. TODO List)

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org>.
Darren are your referring to persisting preferences for the gadget?