Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by jamal sasha <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/16 20:38:26 UTC

tcp error

I am inside a network where I need proxy settings to access the internet.
I have a weird problem.

The internet is working fine.
But it is one particular instance when i get this error:

    Network Error (tcp_error)

    A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems
preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a
later time.

    For assistance, contact your network support team.

This happens when I use hadoop in local mode.
I can access the UI interface. I can see the jobs running. but when I try
to see the logs of each task.. i am not able to access those logs.

    UI--> job-->map--> task--> all <-- this is where the error is..

Any clues?
THanks

Re: tcp error

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Coincidentally, I faced the same issue just now.

In my case, it turned out that I was running Hadoop daemons in
pseudo-distributed mode, and in between a machine suspend and restart, the
network configuration changed. The logs link was referring to the older IP
address in use in the URL and thus failed when I tried to open it.
Restarting the daemons helped.

I don't think this problem will come in a normal up-and-running production
cluster.

Thanks
hemanth

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Hemanth Yamijala <yhemanth@thoughtworks.com