Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ld...@us.ibm.com> on 2014/08/05 18:12:24 UTC

W3C Battery Feedback request

I sent a note back in June asking if anyone had any feedback for the
Device API's Working Group for the battery concerns that we had previously
voiced related to the battery spec.
http://apache.markmail.org/search/?q=org.apache.incubator.callback-dev+list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.callback-dev+order%3Adate-backward+w3c+battery#query:org.apache.incubator.callback-dev%20list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.callback-dev%20order%3Adate-backward%20w3c%20battery+page:1+mid:ezvvipwdcvhlt5h6+state:results

I need to update the DAP team on Thursday with any thoughts Cordova has so
if anyone has any feedback please reply asap.  The link to the first email
has the questions from the DAP team to Cordova.

Thank you!

Lisa

Lisa Seacat DeLuca
Mobile Engineer | t: +415.787.4589 | ldeluca@apache.org | |
ldeluca@us.ibm.com | lisaseacat.com | |

Re: W3C Battery Feedback request

Posted by Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ld...@us.ibm.com>.
Ian, yes, you are correct.  The promises version is the one they'd like
feedback on.  I believe Brian has been talking with one of the DAP guys
who had headed up the battery test suite.

From:   Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>
To:     "dev@cordova.apache.org" <de...@cordova.apache.org>
Date:   08/07/2014 03:32 PM
Subject:        Re: W3C Battery Feedback request
Sent by:        iclelland@google.com

That spec *is* the one under discussion, as far as I can tell -- it's the
in-progress update to the old, busted, synchronous version that Joe very
rightfully bashed. There may still be other issues with it, but this is
the
one that we should be commenting on.

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io> wrote:

> Plot thickens. Chrome has an experimental promises based API:
>
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/default/battery/Overview.html
>
> This is implementable.
>

> On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io> wrote:
>
> > ya, idk, even those I have problems with (meaningful strings)
> >
> > current spec has lots of listeners for various events though
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> addEventListener or nothing
> >> anyone can wrap it in a promise if they want
> >>
> >> @purplecabbage
> >> risingj.com

API

<ld...@us.ibm.com>

<ld...@us.ibm.com>

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ld...@us.ibm.com>.
Thanks guys for chatting this up.  So if I understand correctly most of
Joe's concerns were on the original version of the battery spec but the
latest one with promises is okay?

From:   Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>
To:     "dev@cordova.apache.org" <de...@cordova.apache.org>
Date:   08/07/2014 03:02 PM