Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Svetlin Stanchev <sv...@acm.org> on 2004/02/09 04:04:53 UTC

setting basedir for changelog execution

Hi,
I was unable to find info on problems when setting
maven.changelog.basedir
yet I am unable to run the changelog reports because of it, I suspect.

I am checking out my module in the standard way:

<connection>scm:cvs:pserver:<user_name>@<server_ip>:/cvs/repository:<module></connection>
and the setting
maven.scm.checkout.dir = ${basedir}/checkouts
is also standard resulting in the dir structure
M:\<module>\checkouts\<module>
I am able to compile with these settings.

Now how do I specify that the changelog report should be run against
this checkout directory? I tried to set in project.properties:
maven.changelog.basedir = checkout
maven.changelog.basedir = ${basedir}/checkout
maven.changelog.basedir = checkout/<module>

but all do not work, and in the verbose error log it was not immediately
clear to me  in which directory the log attempt is made:
     [echo] Generating the Change Log...
maven-changelog-plugin:report:
     [echo] Generating the changelog report
SCM Working Directory: M:\<module>
SCM Command Line[0]: cvs
SCM Command Line[1]: -d
SCM Command Line[2]: :pserver:<user_name>@<server_ip>:/cvs/repository
SCM Command Line[3]: log
SCM Command Line[4]: -d 2004-01-10<2004-02-10
cvs log: in directory .:
cvs [log aborted]: there is no version here; run 'cvs checkout' first
ChangeLog found: 0 entries

Any suggestions?

--
Svetlin

Re: setting basedir for changelog execution

Posted by Svetlin Stanchev <sv...@acm.org>.
That was the problem, I am using (the released) RC1.
Thanks!
--
Svetlin

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.