Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru)" <su...@cisco.com> on 2007/07/29 10:26:41 UTC

durable subscriptions, transactions and persistence.

Hello Active mq users,
                         Can we have asynchronous message dispatch for
durable topic subscribers ? Iam not sure about this .
Our application has an embedded broker, with Topic publishers and
durable subscribers. The active mq version is 4.1.1 , Tomcat server
5.5.20 and JDK 1.6.
What is effect on message delivery to durable topic subscribers if I use
jms.asyncDispatch=true&jms.useAsyncSend=true in the broker url.
i.e http://localhost:61716?jms.asyncDispatch=true&jms.useAsyncSend=true
&persistent=false

our application would need a reliable reasonably fast message delivery ,
with out  the over head of  blocking sends and dead locks.

Please let me know, if there is any  disadvantages or gotchas  if I use
the flags as mentioned above.

Another question : when we use persistance on the broker for durable
subscribers, is it necessary to have
jms transactions for more reliability.

is it  ok to use   durable subscriptions without persistance and jms
transactions ?

Please let me know,

thank you,
suchitha.

durable subscriptions, transactions and persistence.