Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Dominik Riemer <do...@bytefabrik.ai> on 2023/01/09 07:46:23 UTC

[VOTE] Apache StreamPipes 0.90.0 RC1 release

Hi all,

Apache StreamPipes 0.90.0 has been staged and it's time to vote on accepting it for release.
Voting will be open for at least 72 hours.
A minimum of 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 than binding -1 are required to pass, but everyone is welcome to vote!

One artifact is relevant for this vote:

streampipes, staged at [1], available in Nexus at [2], release tag: release/0.90.0, hash for the release tag: 4a9a8f38e0bcd4dbea7e859445eabef6f24235e1

Per [3] "Before voting +1, PMC members are required to download the signed source code package,
compile it as provided, and test the resulting executable on their own platform,
along with also verifying that the package meets the requirements of the ASF policy on releases."

A release validation guide is available at [4]. The KEYS file is available at [5]

[ ] +1 accept (indicate what you validated - e.g. performed the checklist at the end of [4])
[ ] -1 reject (explanation required)

Thanks for taking your time for validating this release!

Cheers
Dominik

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/streampipes/0.90.0/rc1/
[2] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestreampipes-1020/
[3] https://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
[4] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMPIPES/Validating+a+release
[5] https://downloads.apache.org/streampipes/KEYS

RE: [VOTE] Apache StreamPipes 0.90.0 RC1 release

Posted by Dominik Riemer <do...@bytefabrik.ai>.
+1 (binding)

[x] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the release vote email
[x] Verify the signature is correct
[x] Check if the signature references an Apache email address
[x] Verify the SHA512 checksum
[x] Unzip the archive
[x] Verify the existence of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES, RELEASE_VALIDATION files in the extracted source bundle.
[x] Run RAT
[x] Search for SNAPSHOT dependencies
[x] Build Backend
[x] Build UI
[x] Build and Run Test system on Docker
[x] Build archetype project

Build with:
- Windows 11, WSL2
- OpenJDK 18.0.2
- Node 16.14.0
- NPM 8.3.1

Cheers
Dominik

Posted by Patrick Wiener <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

+1 from my side!

[x] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the release vote email
[x] Verify the signature is correct
[x] Check if the signature references an Apache email address
[x] Verify the SHA512 checksum
[x] Unzip the archive
[x] Verify the existence of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES, RELEASE_VALIDATION files in the extracted source bundle.
[x] Run RAT
[x] Search for SNAPSHOT dependencies
[x] Build Backend
[x] Build UI
[x] Build and Run Test system on Docker

Build with:
- macOS Monterey (12.6.1) on Mac M1
- OpenJDK Runtime Environment Temurin-18.0.2.1
- Maven 3.8.6
- node v17.9.1
- npm 8.11.0
- Docker 20.10.18 (via colima)
- Docker Compose version 2.14.0

When using colima instead of Docker Desktop to run docker, the integration tests fail with testcontainers + colima as the environment is not properly configured using the default settings. However, the mentioned adaptions fix the issues [1].

Best
Patrick

[1] https://github.com/testcontainers/testcontainers-java/issues/5034#issuecomment-1319812252

Posted by Lukas Ott <ot...@gmail.com>.