Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Hilmi Yildirim <hi...@neofonie.de> on 2015/05/28 10:24:14 UTC

Read from HBase flink-0.9.0-milestone-1-bin-hadoop2

Hi,
I also tried to read from HBase using the
flink-0.9.0-milestone-1-bin-hadoop2 version. It works great and it uses
the config declared in the hbase-site.xml.

I configured a flink cluster with 2 machines. For that I deployed the
flink folder with the corresponding configurations on each machine. To
start the cluster I use the start script ./start-cluster.sh. Then, I run
the job and it works. Now, I configured a flink cluster with 13
machines. All machines read from hbase correctly besides 1 or 2
machines. These 1 or 2 machines get following exception ||
"org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException: Name 2423, already closed?"

When I restart the job then the exception occurs for other 1 or 2 machines.

Does anyone know why this exception occurs?

Best Regards,

Hilmi Yildirim
Software Developer R&D

T: +49 30 24627-281
Hilmi.Yildirim@neofonie.de

http://www.neofonie.de

Besuchen Sie den Neo Tech Blog für Anwender:
http://blog.neofonie.de/

Folgen Sie uns:
https://plus.google.com/+neofonie
http://www.linkedin.com/company/neofonie-gmbh
https://www.xing.com/companies/neofoniegmbh

Neofonie GmbH | Robert-Koch-Platz 4 | 10115 Berlin
Handelsregister Berlin-Charlottenburg: HRB 67460
Geschäftsführung: Thomas Kitlitschko

Re: Read from HBase flink-0.9.0-milestone-1-bin-hadoop2

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Can you look into the Flink and HBase logs if it locks some exception there?

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Hilmi Yildirim <hilmi.yildirim@neofonie.de

Posted by Hilmi Yildirim <hi...@neofonie.de>.
I solved the problem. The problem was that I created an HBase table only
on 1 machine. 13 machines requested data from this sigle machine which
lead to a bottleneck. Now, I have split the table on 13 machines and it
is working now. It continues to throw UnknownScannerExceptions but it is
working. Maybe it is beneficially to create a task to catch this
exception or to handle it correctly.

Best Regards,
Hilmi

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.