Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by David Nuescheler <da...@day.com> on 2009/09/28 14:59:54 UTC

JCR 2.0 draft html version

Hi all,

please find a draft of the JSR 283 html version online.

http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/

this should mostly facilitate referring to parts of the
specification. This is a draft that was generated mostly
automatically so I expect a lot of clean-up work, please let
me know if you run into pages that look weird, feel free to just
send me urls of broken pages.

After looking into the split-up I am tempted to created fewer
bigger documents instead.
Feedback very welcome.

regards,
david

Re: JCR 2.0 draft html version

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

This "mini ravioli style" is not very usable. I would create 25 pages
(1 Preface, 2 Introduction, 3 Repository Model, ..., 25 Appendix),
each page with a TOC of its own. As in Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XHTML - this is no longer a problem for
Google: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/jump-to-information-you-want-right-from.html

Regards,
Thomas

Re: JCR 2.0 draft html version

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 18:07, David Nuescheler <da...@day.com> wrote:
> i tried to update the document sizes to be more meaningful...

Yes, these doc sizes are much better, especially the toc is now easily
scannable with one look and no scrolling.

> feedback still very welcome ;)

The styling for h2 headers (eg. 12.2) is actually smaller than the one
for h3 (12.2.1)

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: JCR 2.0 draft html version

Posted by Julian Sedding <ju...@day.com>.
Hi David

Looks pretty good to me. Some minor issues/suggestions:

* The footer is rendered at the top on the start page (intentionally?)
* It would be nice if all references (e.g. see §3.7.1.2 Supertypes) were links.
* In section "8.6.1.3 Root Declaring Node Type" some method signatures
are linked to the API docs. This is good, but links point to the
jsr-170 API.
* In the right hand navigation element, "JCR v2.0: TOC" should be a
link to the start page.
* The lists in section "1.6 Acknowledgements" could do with some
formatting (2-3 cols?)

Regards
Julian

Re: JCR 2.0 draft html version

Posted by David Nuescheler <da...@day.com>.
hi guys,

Re: JCR 2.0 draft html version

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi David,

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 2:59 PM, David Nuescheler <da...@day.com> wrote:
> please find a draft of the JSR 283 html version online.
>
> http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/

Cool