Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Gary Hughes <ge...@itga.com.au> on 2004/05/18 01:35:51 UTC

attribute parsing problem

I have a strange problem, the following document fails to parse with the
following message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<response price_step_up="0" vwap="0"/>

> ./DOMPrint g.xml

Fatal Error at file "g.xml", line 2, column 34

   Message: The attribute 'vwap' is already used in element 'response'

If I change either of the attribute names slightly then it works fine, I
haven't seen anything like this before. It began when I added the
price_step_up attribute to some documents, looks like a string hashing
function is not working correctly maybe?

I'm using xerces 2.4 on solaris with gcc 3.3.

Gary.

Re: attribute parsing problem

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.
Hi,

This is a known bug with Xerces-C 2.4.  You should upgrade to 2.5 to get
the fix.

Dave

                      "Gary Hughes"
                      <geh@itga.com.au         To:      <xe...@xml.apache.org>
                      >                        cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                               Subject: attribute parsing problem
                      05/17/2004 04:35
                      PM
                      Please respond