Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jose John <jo...@mindtree.com> on 2007/06/26 13:04:25 UTC

proxy problem

Hi,

   I am a beginner to Maven. When I tried to run
mvn -e archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes
-DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app

I got :
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not exist or no valid
version could be found

I saw the mailing lists and found its the problem with the proxy. I tried
making necessary changes in the settings.xml. But no use. It doesnt seems to
read the settings.xml file at all. Can anybody shed some light?
or Can anybody send a sample proxy config (<proxy> </proxy> alone).

Thanks & Regards,
Jose John

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects. MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree) will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return  e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects. While MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize the risks, MindTree will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside.

RE: proxy problem

Posted by Jose John <jo...@mindtree.com>.
Hi,
     Thanks for your reply. I tried with the "-U" switch, then it downloaded
all the things needed and created a project also. Why no one is specifying
abt this switch????? Even after adding the mentioned lines if you wont add
the "-U" switch it was not working.

Thanks & Regards,
Jose John

________________________________

> I saw the mailing lists and found its the problem with the proxy. I tried
> making necessary changes in the settings.xml. But no use. It doesnt seems
> read the settings.xml file at all. Can anybody shed some light?
> or Can anybody send a sample proxy config (<proxy> </proxy> alone).

Add the following snippet to your settings.xml:

<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"
                      http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">
  <proxies>
    <proxy>
      <host>(your proxy host)</host>
      <port>(your proxy port)</port>
      <username>username if necessary</username>
      <password>password if necessary</password>
    </proxy>
  </proxies>
</settings>

See also http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html