Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Steve Pannier <St...@jacada.com> on 2003/06/19 23:25:59 UTC

Programmatic deployment of services

Up to this point I've been using the following manual steps to
deploy my services into the Axis web app:

1) Make sure Tomcat is running.
2) Copy service class files into Axis web app classes directory.
3) Run Admin client to deploy the wsdd file.

I now want to do this deployment programmatically (i.e. via
the click of a mouse from a Java-based GUI).

Questions:

1) Is there a recommended way of deploying a service from a
   Java program?

2) Can I do the deployment if my servlet container (Tomcat) is
   not running?

3) Does Admin client have the capability to deploy the service
   class files to the Axis web app?  Or do I need to copy them in
   myself?

4) Will I be able to recognize success vs failure of the deployment?

Regards.

Steve Pannier