Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2004/05/25 17:41:49 UTC

rysnc problems at apache.org

It appears we've had some rsync problems over the last couple days,
resulting in refused connections.  A couple clients from teleglobe.net
have been grabbing rsync slots and not letting go.  I've cleaned out the
problem clients, and I'll try to watch for reoccurrences.

Joshua.

Re: rysnc problems at apache.org

Posted by jason andrade <ja...@rtfmconsult.com>.
On Wed, 26 May 2004, Timur Bayasitov wrote:

> I have the problem with rsync too:
> rsync -rtlzv --delete www.apache.org::apache-dist
> /var/www/mirrors/apache/dist/

i would turn off compression to start with to see if that helps at all.

e.g rsynv -rltvH

the next step, try not to sync the whole of the dist tree but see if it
works in smaller chunks.

regards,

-jason

Re: rysnc problems at apache.org

Posted by Timur Bayasitov <ti...@u-net.ru>.
On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 20:14, Henk P. Penning wrote:
> On Tue, 25 May 2004, Joshua Slive wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:41:49 -0400 (Est (heure d'été))
> > From: Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>
> > To: mirrors@apache.org
> > Subject: rysnc problems at apache.org
> >
> > It appears we've had some rsync problems over the last couple days,
> > resulting in refused connections.  A couple clients from teleglobe.net
> > have been grabbing rsync slots and not letting go.  I've cleaned out the
> > problem clients, and I'll try to watch for reoccurrences.
>
>   I blocked one : 207.45.221.24 cont1.njy.teleglobe.net
>
>   The rsync stats shows that at least since january they
>   always terminate by timeout. Since beginning of may
>   they always just hang.

I have the problem with rsync too:
rsync -rtlzv --delete www.apache.org::apache-dist
/var/www/mirrors/apache/dist/

receiving file list ... done
rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(143)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (390664 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(150)
./
cocoon/
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (390664 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(150)

My mirror is apache.rin.ru

--
Timur Bayasitov timur@u-net.ru

Re: rysnc problems at apache.org

Posted by "Henk P. Penning" <he...@cs.uu.nl>.
On Tue, 25 May 2004, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:41:49 -0400 (Est (heure d'été))
> From: Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>
> To: mirrors@apache.org
> Subject: rysnc problems at apache.org
>
> It appears we've had some rsync problems over the last couple days,
> resulting in refused connections.  A couple clients from teleglobe.net
> have been grabbing rsync slots and not letting go.  I've cleaned out the
> problem clients, and I'll try to watch for reoccurrences.

  I blocked one : 207.45.221.24 cont1.njy.teleglobe.net

  The rsync stats shows that at least since january they
  always terminate by timeout. Since beginning of may
  they always just hang.

> Joshua.

  HPP

Henk P. Penning, Computer Systems Group       R CGN-A335         _/ \_
Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University  T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/ \
Padualaan 14, 3584CH Utrecht, the Netherlands F +31 30 251 3791 \_/ \_/
http://www.cs.uu.nl/staff/henkp.html          M penning@cs.uu.nl  \_/