Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by vibi <ml...@go2.pl> on 2009/04/17 00:48:39 UTC

locking topic

Hello,
How to force SpamAssassin to filter messages on the subject?

Much of the spam to me is in the subject: 100%, %%%

Re: locking topic

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 04:41 PM 4/16/2009, you wrote:
>Please don't reference the old comcast.net documents. They're quite
>out-of-date and I've not been in control of that account for a few years
>now.
>
>The above text has become part of the wiki:
>
>http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WritingRules

My bad... I did a google search, it was the first link, and I
mentally glanced over it and it looked fine.. :)

Thanks for the updated link :)

Re: locking topic

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.

Re: locking topic

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 15:52 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:
> At 03:48 PM 4/16/2009, an anonymous Nabble user wrote:

> > How to force SpamAssassin to filter messages on the subject?
> > Much of the spam to me is in the subject: 100%, %%%
>
> Spamassassin doesn't 'filter'.

While that's certainly true and SA does not filter in the "sorting"
sense of an MDA, it yet actually *is* a filter itself. Sorry, end of
nit-pick. ;)

> But in SpamAssassin,  you can do is create a custom rule based on the subject.

Of course, and creating multiple, moderately scoring rules for
particular patterns is the SA way.

The OP kind of seems to be a request for "dumping mail based on bare-
words", though. Which is not what SA stands for, and indeed usually is
quite a bad idea.

Kind of wonder what the problem actually is. Spam with such a Subject
hardly ever scores below 15 here. I guess it's a mis-configuration or
disabled network tests. So the real solution is not a poison-pill
(that's how I read the word "force"), but fixing the problem.

Re: locking topic

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.