Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bryan Field-Elliot <br...@netmeme.org> on 2002/03/11 21:29:36 UTC

Manager reload of web.xml?

I'm having trouble getting Tomcat to reload my web application's
"web.xml" file, and wondering if there is an official word or FAQ on how
to do this? I've seen mention of Tomcat not reloading web.xml in the
archives, but I'm not sure if this is a bug, or improper use of the
Manager app, on my part.

Basically, my re-deploy process is:

1. Delete my application's subdirectory under tomcat/webapps
2. Re-create from scratch my app's subdirectory under tomcat/webapps
3. Call the Manager servlet, with the reload command (using Lynx which I
do within Ant).

Any classes I change are reloaded correctly, as are configuration
changes I make to other files (such as struts-config.xml). But web.xml
doesn't seem to get reloaded, without a total shutdown and startup of
Tomcat.

Thanks,

Bryan