Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Leopoldo Gonçalves <a....@stela.org.br> on 2009/07/22 15:33:04 UTC

Backing up large indexes

Hi All,

We have a system with a lucene index with 100GB and growing fast. I
wonder whether
there is an efficient way to backup it taking into account only the
changes among old
and new version of the index, once after optimization process the name
of the main
index file change.

Regards,

Alex

Re: Backing up large indexes

Posted by Mindaugas Žakšauskas <mi...@gmail.com>.
This might be irrelevant, but have you considered using ZFS? This file
system is designed to do what you need. Assuming you can trigger
events at the time after you have updated the index, you would have to
trigger new ZFS snapshot and place it elsewhere.

This might have some side effects though (hint: fs I/O speed), either
positive or negative depending on your current setup.

Regards,
Mindaugas

Re: [?? Probable Spam] Re: Backing up large indexes

Posted by Alexandre Leopoldo Gonçalves <a....@stela.org.br>.
Shai,

Thanks for the tip. I´ll start with it.

Alex