Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Vishwal Shah <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/02 00:14:26 UTC

HTTPS Only Transport

Hi,
I am using Axis 2.1.5.1 .

In my Axis2.xml configuration, i removed the HTTP (<transportSender
name="http") transport sender and am only having the "https" transport
sender . I see that the request comes in fine into the service, however i
get a NullPointer at the time the response is to be sent..Why is that?  What
if i just want to use HTTPS ?

*java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:170)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:435)
        at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogic(AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.java:43)
        at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractMessageReceiver.receive(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:114)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:173)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:167)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:142)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
*

     <transportSender name="local"

class="org.apache.axis2.transport.local.LocalTransportSender"/>

    <transportSender name="https"

class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender">
        <parameter name="PROTOCOL">HTTP/1.1</parameter>
        <parameter name="Transfer-Encoding">chunked</parameter>
    </transportSender>

Can someone please advice why is this an issue ?

Regards,
Vish

Re: HTTPS Only Transport

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
this is an Axis2 bug.

 TransportOutDescription transportOut =
msgContext.getConfigurationContext().

getAxisConfiguration().getTransportOut(Constants.TRANSPORT_HTTP);

it try to get the transportOut using Http

please log a jira.

thanks,
Amila.

--