Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Brian Lee <br...@hotmail.com> on 2004/08/06 01:17:08 UTC

NonSynchronizedString

I was looking for a performance optimized non-synched String object for use
in some of my apps. It seems like a FastString or NonSynchronizedString
object would be pretty useful in the jakarta.lang package.

I wanted to see if anyone else has had this need and how they got around it
and if it's a not-bad idea.

Thanks,
BAL

Re: NonSynchronizedString

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 19:17:08 -0400, Brian Lee <br...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I was looking for a performance optimized non-synched String object for use
> in some of my apps. It seems like a FastString or NonSynchronizedString
> object would be pretty useful in the jakarta.lang package.
>
> I wanted to see if anyone else has had this need and how they got around it
> and if it's a not-bad idea.

I'm clearly missing something obvious here, but given that Strings are
immutable, what is it that you need to synchronise?

--
Martin Cooper