Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Charles N. Harvey III" <ch...@alloy.com> on 2003/12/10 21:33:08 UTC

war:deploy

Hello.
I am having a tough time with war:deploy.  When I run it I get the following:

No remote repository was defined.
No remote repository was defined.

Which, is actually pretty clear.  It means that I don't have a remote
repository defined in my project.xml.  But I don't know where to define the
remote repository.  I have <repository> but that is where in cvs it is
located.  Am I supposed to define <remoteRepository>?  I can't find a lick
of documentation on this anywhere.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Charlie

Re: war:deploy

Posted by "John D Taylor (ROE)" <jd...@roe.ac.uk>.
Hi Charlie,
For some reason that isn't clear to me, the war plugin seems to look in a
different place to the jar plugin when determining where to deploy the
artifact.
You need to add something like the following to your project.properties
file:
#deployment - settings for artifact / war.

# see
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=users@maven.apache.org&msgNo=8046

# and http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/artifact/examples.html

maven.repo.list=astrogrid

maven.repo.astrogrid=file:///var/www/www/

maven.repo.astrogrid.directory=maven

maven.repo.astrogrid.username=maven

maven.repo.astrogrid.group=cvs

Good luck,