Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/29 19:22:58 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons Chain 1.2 based on RC3

The main changes since RC2 are:
 - Fix serialization issue in ChainProcessor [CHAIN-44]
 - fix the problem Luc found with checkstyle causing the site generate
to fail on Linux
 - fix some site/docs typos
 - add a second example webapp that uses ChainProcessor
 - minor performance improvement identified by FindBugs (use entrySet
iterator rather than keySet)

The artifacts are here:
http://people.apache.org/~niallp/chain_1_2_RC3/

SVN Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/chain/tags/CHAIN_1_2_RC3/

Site:
http://people.apache.org/~niallp/chain_1_2_RC3/site/
(note m2 generates relative links, so some don't work - but the site
is for info and not included in the release artifacts)

Release Notes:
http://people.apache.org/~niallp/chain_1_2_RC3/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
http://people.apache.org/~niallp/chain_1_2_RC3/site/changes-report.html

RAT Report:
http://people.apache.org/~niallp/chain_1_2_RC3/site/rat-report.html

CLIRR Report:
http://people.apache.org/~niallp/chain_1_2_RC3/site/clirr-report.html

RC2 has been built with m2 - but m1 and ant builds are available - details here:
http://people.apache.org/~niallp/chain_1_2_RC3/site/building.html

Note: Chain is targetted at JDK 1.3, but I built with JDK 1.5 because
of the issue with m2 and JDK 1.4 - but I have tested on JDK 1.3 and
JDK 1.4 using m1 & ant and JDK 1.5 and JDK 1.6 using m2

Vote is open for 72 hours

Thanks in advance for your feedback/votes.

Niall

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Chain 1.2 based on RC3

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Oliver Heger
<ol...@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
> +1
>
> The artifacts look good to me, building in all variants on a JDK 1.6
> succeeds.
>
> WRT the site, I remember there was a discussion about the issues reported by
> findbugs, so I think this is okay.

Yes the serialization issue came up in RC1:
http://markmail.org/message/vsen5pga4uitpppq

Having said that there was one serialization issue that I missed then,
which I fixed in RC3.

> I had a problem when building the site using mvn site:site: The clirr report
> gaves a fatal error because it assumes that commons-chain-1.1.jar is in the
> local maven repository, which is not the case for me, but this is very
> minor.

OK, Phil hit this as well and found a JIRA ticket for it - hopefully
they'll sort it out soon.

Niall

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
+1

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the release.

Unfortunately, due to a bug
(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCLIRR-12) in the m2 clirr plugin,
the m2 site build failed for me with
[INFO] Cannot open
/home/phil/.m2/repository/commons-chain/commons-chain/1.1/commons-chain-1.1.jar
for reading
No such file or directory
The comments in the ticket indicate that this may only affect Unix users.

The m1 site build works though and I assume m2 users who want to build
the site will be able to figure this out (the obvious workaround is to
install the previous version locally), so I remain +1 for this
release.

Phil

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Chain 1.2 based on RC3

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
+1

Luc

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Commons Chain 1.2 based on RC3

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
This vote has passed with seven +1 votes (five binding) from the
following people:

Oliver Heger
Rahul Akolkar
Paul Benedict
Phil Steitz
Luc Maisonobe
Niall Pemberton
Emmanuel Bourg

Thanks to everyone, I'll finish up the release shortly.

Niall

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.