Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/02/05 14:22:18 UTC

[Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "RazorSiteWide" by MattKettler

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.

The "RazorSiteWide" page has been changed by MattKettler.
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RazorSiteWide?action=diff&rev1=5&rev2=6

   * Restart spamd

   {{{/etc/init.d/spamd restart}}}
+
-  * Make sure anywhere you're calling spamassassin in a script/procmail recipe/.qmail file to always use the -C /etc/mail/spamassassin configuration option so it will pick up the razor_config option, and in turn the razorhome setting in razor-agent.conf
-  * This configuration allows me to have a "Report as spam" link in IMP (web-based mail client) that calls 'spamassassin -x -C /etc/mail/spamassassin -r' and pipes the message to it while also allowing a .qmail-fake file that pipes the message to the same command (so I can bounce -- '''not''' forward -- spams to fake@mydomain.com to have them reported to razor

  ----

  Comment / additional hints:
   * In my case (Plesk 8.2.1 on SuSE 9.3) it was not necessary to configure the permissions as described above. Simply make the logfile /etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor/razor-agent.log writable for all users, then you will see if it works...
-  * Also the last part about starting spamassassin with the option -C was not necessary.
+  * Also the last part about starting spamassassin with the option -C was not necessary. Also setting -C to point to /etc/mail/spamassassin is a VERY bad idea, the section has been removed entirely.
   * Maybe in some cases where razor does not work the outgoing port is closed or spamassassin is running in local mode (option -L) where no network tests are performed. E.g. this could be defined in /etc/sysconfig/spamd