Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Tim Van Steenburgh <tv...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/03 19:08:20 UTC

Guide for new contributors

We've published a Getting Started guide for new Allura contributors at http://allura.sourceforge.net/docs/contributing.html. To accompany the guide, we've created a new 'bitesize' ticket label to identify open tickets that may be suitable for new contributors. Bitesize tickets can be found at https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/search/?q=labels%3Abitesize (link is also included in the docs).

If you're interested in contributing to Allura, don't be intimidated - jump in and we'll help you!

--
Tim Van Steenburgh

Re: Guide for new contributors

Posted by Wayne Witzel III <ww...@gmail.com>.
Nice work!

I like the idea of having a "Using Allura" section, but I think screencasts
are better for that type of information. We really don't have a good way to
distribute them, maybe embedding YouTube/Vimeo videos in to the Using
Allura section (if that is possible?). I'd be willing to write a script and
put a screencast together if you think that would be useful.

Posted by Daniel Hinojosa <dh...@slashdotmedia.com>.
this.

--
*Daniel Hinojosa*
*Community Manager, SourceForge / Slashdot Media*

Re: Guide for new contributors

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

Posted by Tim Van Steenburgh <tv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.