Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Jack Nerad <jn...@bellsouth.net> on 2003/07/12 11:11:53 UTC

mpbuilder-0.03-jn.tar.gz

mpbuilder with PODTemplate.pm modified to build only POD is available at

http://www.buzzmaven.com/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=4

(Is it a little ironic that I'm using a PHP system to release scripts
related to the mp2 docs?)

I get the a ton of WARNING: lines when I run this.  Can someone
enlighten me what they mean?  Are they bad/irrelevant?

WARNING: filter_init_func not in mapfile
WARNING: p not in mapfile
WARNING: ring not in mapfile
WARNING: ringp not in mapfile
WARNING: The following struct element is not in mapfile and has no name
WARNING: bucket_alloc not in mapfile
WARNING: state[4] not in mapfile
WARNING: count[2] not in mapfile
etc.  Not all of the warnings are shown.

--
Jack Nerad

Re: mpbuilder-0.03-jn.tar.gz

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
any updates with docs build?

Re: mpbuilder-0.03-jn.tar.gz

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> Jack Nerad wrote:
> > mpbuilder with PODTemplate.pm modified to build only POD is available at
> >
> > http://www.buzzmaven.com/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=4
> >
> > (Is it a little ironic that I'm using a PHP system to release scripts
> > related to the mp2 docs?)
> >
> > I get the a ton of WARNING: lines when I run this.  Can someone
> > enlighten me what they mean?  Are they bad/irrelevant?
> >
> > WARNING: filter_init_func not in mapfile
> > WARNING: p not in mapfile
> > WARNING: ring not in mapfile
> > WARNING: ringp not in mapfile
> > WARNING: The following struct element is not in mapfile and has no name
> > WARNING: bucket_alloc not in mapfile
> > WARNING: state[4] not in mapfile
> > WARNING: count[2] not in mapfile

This means that xsbuilder has found a function or variable in the C source
that is not part of the mod_perl map file. Some of the above a problems of
parser, like state[4], but since we only generate docs,we don't have to
worry about that, because mod_perl will only contain those function that are
in the map file.

> > etc.  Not all of the warnings are shown.
>
> Probably it's a good idea to have the build system to print the
> filename/linenumber causing the warning. Gerald?

Sorry I don't have linenumbers at this point, but of couse this would be a
good idea.

The thing we have more to worry about is, if there are any functions missing
that are part of mod_perl. I am not quite sure how to do this, but we should
somehow verify that xsbuilder catches all function, so we are sure the docs
are complete. This is the next thing I think we should do. When this step is
finished and the output format is ok, the only other thing that is missing
are the constants, which I try to address as soon as possible.

Gerald

Re: mpbuilder-0.03-jn.tar.gz

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.