Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Johny Edu <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/02 10:27:22 UTC

using policy references in services.xml

Hi all,

  I am trying to run the sample01 policy example that comes with
rampart1.1 release,
  but, i am trying to reference the policy in services.xml with a
policy reference element,
  like this:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<service >
   <operation name="echo">
  <messageReceiver
class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
 </operation>
 <parameter name="ServiceClass"
locked="false">org.apache.rampart.samples.policy.sample01.SimpleService</parameter>

 <module ref="rampart" />
 <module ref="addressing" />
          <wsp:PolicyReference wsu:Id="UTOverTransport"
xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd"
xmlns:wsp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy"
URI="http://localhost:53307/policy.xml#UTOverTransport" />

</service>

  Should axis2 be able to extract the policy information behind the URI
attribute and use the actual policy info behind this URI?

  I already try this with the client from the example but i got:

       [java] INFO: Deploying module : rampart-1.1
     [java] Exception in thread "main" org.apache.axis2.AxisFault:
java.lang.
     NullPointerException
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send
     (OutInAxisOperation.java:271)

  So can axis2(neethi) understand policy reference elements?

  Thanks.

---------------------------------
 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Re: using policy references in services.xml

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
I think Sanka updated axis2 policy handling to support something like
this ... Sanka can you please update us on this?

Thanks,
Ruchith

--
www.ruchith.org