Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by "K. Kamhamea" <ka...@googlemail.com> on 2020/04/17 11:54:29 UTC

change password encoding MD5

I was just about testing other encryption methods as described
https://openmeetings.apache.org/CustomCryptMechanism.html

Here I run into the following undocumented problems
1. Where to copy the MD5Implementation.java
<https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/256e5cd11e5af8f422688dfc1d01ac66b370d7a0/openmeetings-util/src/main/java/org/apache/openmeetings/util/crypt/MD5Implementation.java>
file into my file system
2. How to set the CLASSPATH so that it can be found anywhere in my
filesystem
3. What is actually the text string to be added into the configuration
variable " crypt.class.name "

Alternatively I tried this class
http://openmeetings.apache.org/openmeetings-util/apidocs/org/apache/openmeetings/util/crypt/MD5.html

But changing the configuration variable to "
org.apache.openmeetings.util.crypt.MD5 " creates but an error.

Best K.

Re: change password encoding MD5

Posted by ratatouille <ra...@bitclusive.de>.
Hi!

Does not work. 404

  Andreas

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.
...if is this:
https://github.com/openmeetings/custom-crypt
...works for me.

..............El dom, 19-04-2020 a las 16:32 +0700, Maxim Solodovnik

Posted by Daniel Baker <in...@collisiondetection.biz>.
Woks  now. Thanks.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Please try now

Posted by Juan Antonio Moreno Carmona <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Baker <in...@collisiondetection.biz>.
Not for me :

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Works for me

Posted by "K. Kamhamea" <ka...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: change password encoding MD5

Posted by "K. Kamhamea" <ka...@googlemail.com>.
???

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Here is the example

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: change password encoding MD5

Posted by "K. Kamhamea" <ka...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by in...@bureau-de-poste.net.
  Hello,

About all this work you are doing on the manual, I hope you are making
a manual for  the current M4 and not M3 - as some of the symbols have
changed, etc.

Best regards,

Ed

Quoting "K. Kamhamea" <ka...@googlemail.com>:

> You are right we should not invest to much time and efforts here. It
> is rather a negligibility. I just want to keep the manual as
> detailed as possible. But there are many other more pressing things
> to solve. I will create a new thread for that.
>    K.
>
>      Am Sa., 18. Apr. 2020 um 03:31 Uhr schrieb Maxim Solodovnik
> <so...@gmail.com>:
>
>> I can create example project for this (please ping me if i will be
>> too silent)
>>      According to MD5 as password hash function: this is bad idea
>>
>> https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/52461/how-weak-is-md5-as-a-password-hashing-function
>>
>>          On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 02:42, K. Kamhamea
>> <ka...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> OMG. I'm not experienced with Java. We are doing python mostly and
>>> Javascript and rarely some C++ but never Java.
>>>
>>>         I tried to compile your MD5implementation file
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/5.0.0-M3/openmeetings-util/src/main/java/org/apache/openmeetings/util/crypt/MD5Implementation.java
>>>         but it failed because of missing dependencies. It probably
>>> requires the whole source of the project being downloaded and
>>> properly installed.
>>>         So for the moment I decided I wouldn't spend my time to
>>> test all this I'm just going to copy your detailed instruction
>>> into the Manual.
>>>
>>>         The reason why I was so interested in this topic is
>>> because of compatibility problems. I haven't found yet a python
>>> encryption library that is compatible. By contrast, MD5 is a
>>> standard that is widely used.
>>>
>>>         Thank you again so much for your help
>>>         K.

>> --