Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by tubin gen <fa...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/29 22:10:55 UTC

currency symbol in windows and unix different for a label model

I have a Label

new Label("recommendedAmt",NumberFormat.getCurrencyInstance().format(stgFinding.getFindingAmt()==null
? new BigDecimal(0): stgFinding.getFindingAmt()));

this works fine but when deployed in windows I get the label as
$0.00   and when deployed in unix   i Get this as   ¤0.00   and I also
get strange symbols   Send Notification��
please help me resolve this.

Re: currency symbol in windows and unix different for a label model

Posted by Jonas <ba...@gmail.com>.
You shouldn't use methods that rely on the vm's default locale, as it
might be set
to something unexpected - use the methods with a locale parameter instead, and
pass the Session#getLocale in, e.g.
NumberFormat.getCurrencyInstance(Session.get().getLocale())

this is probably a serious amount of work, so if you only need to support one
locale, and the servlet container is under your control, just set its
default locale
using vm arguments like -Duser.country=us -Duser.language=en

setting the default locale from within a servlet (or wicket) will probably
fail if your servlet container runs with a security manager

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
Your system default locale might be off. Always remember to initialize
it somewhere...

  public static void resetLocale() {
    TimeZone.setDefault(TimeZone.getTimeZone("EET"));
    Locale.setDefault(new Locale("fi", "FI"));
  }

  // Joda time
    DateTimeZone.setDefault(DateTimeZone.forTimeZone(TimeZone.getDefault()));

**
Martin

Posted by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com>.