Posted to dev@training.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/03/20 15:13:13 UTC

Initial commit to the website ... everything up and running.

Hi all,

I just finished setting up the website generation …

So far the maven build is working, I added an index.adoc with the content of the README, added some documents from the PLC4X project that should also apply to this project.
I also took the liberty of setting up the Jenkins job that automatically builds and deploys the website.

https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/Training%20(incubating)/

If you create a branch, it will be automatically built, but currently only “master” is deployed to the “asf-site” branch.

I haven’t asked for infra turning on the git-pub-sub to make the site online as I would like you guys to review it first and help provide some real content.

The probably most important content for you now is probably the document: developers/website.adoc as it describes how to work with it.
Feel free to read the PLC4X version of it:
http://plc4x.apache.org/developers/website.html
Also for those Maven newbies among you, this might be interesting:
http://plc4x.apache.org/developers/building.html
(Especially the parts about the training-video and building the website)

The tooling is finished and all that’s currently missing is the git-pub-sub that will automatically copy the content of the asf-site branch to the HTTPD that serves the website.

So now I’m back to other stuff … feel free to ask questions ;-)

Chris

Re: Initial commit to the website ... everything up and running.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
However before actually doing this, we might reconsider doing so ...

The problem is that a structure like that might make things difficult when it comes to releasing, as soon as we start doing so ...

Usually the maven-site of a project is in parallel to the content not in a separate module ...
So there should be no problem with having the individual trainings as sub-modules of the parent (which also serves the website).

And instead of "site" it's "src/site", so not that much different ;-)

But if all agree that it should stay separate, I'll do my best to smooth the edges.

Chris

Am 20.03.19, 16:26 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    Hi Lars,

    Sure ... however the Jenkinsfile has to stay there or things will break.

    And please, please, please all add yourself to the team.adoc ;-)

    Chris

    Am 20.03.19, 16:24 schrieb "Lars Francke" <la...@gmail.com>:

        Thank you very much Chris for the initial setup and Jenkins job. I'll look
        at it later in detail.

        One comment (sorry for not answering your earlier mail, was busy): I'm very
        much in favor of moving all the site related stuff to a subdirectory (e.g.
        "/site").

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Lars,

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.