Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Marco Büchler <mb...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> on 2007/01/05 15:07:03 UTC

[Serialisation of String[][] and HashMap]

hi,

we are trying to implement some linguistic webservices. we are still
using an axis1-based work around and wants to switch to axis2.

we have many webservices. so we have to implement an standard interface.

our problem methode has the following singature:
String[][] execute(HashMap <String,String> toCopy);

our services needs 1 to 8 different properties to run. so it's our
opinion that an easy key-value-mapping, as it is done by the
java.util.HashMap-class, is best case for us.

our results should be an String[][] because we send maybe a large amount
of datas back. so we think that the user get an representation of our
datas (after deserialisation) in a compact way.

after running the wsdl2java-tool we have two problems:
a) the client-based execute-methode doesn't have a HashMap and a
String[][]. there are build some classes capsulating an OMElement, if i
remember correct. so it is absolutely not intuitive for us how to set
key-value-properties?
b) we don't understand the wsdl file
(http://pcai056.informatik.uni-leipzig.de:8100/axis2/services/DatentypTestService?wsdl):

a request will be described as follow:
<xs:element name="execute">
   <xs:complexType>
     <xs:sequence>
       <xs:element name="toCopy" nillable="true" type="xs:anyType"/>
     </xs:sequence>
   </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

i understand this section as an normal sequence (array). but how should
a key-value-mapping serialized with such a desription??

a response is described as follow:
<xs:element name="executeResponse">
   <xs:complexType>
     <xs:sequence>
       <xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" name="return" nillable="true"
type="xs:string"/>
     </xs:sequence>
   </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
in my opinion it's the same problem: the descritpion is a String[] and
not a String[][].

can anyone help with serialization and deserialization of String[][]-
and HashMap()-objects using axis2.

is there any experiences with .NET and String[][] or HashMap?

thank you.

ciao
marco

--
Marco Büchler
University of Leipzig

Room  : 5-43
Phone : 0341 / 97-32214
eMail : mbuechler@informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Web   : http://www.asv.informatik.uni-leipzig.de

lt

Re: [Serialisation of String[][] and HashMap]

Posted by Rahul Devgan <rd...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
This topic has been raised and several alternate solutions provided
previously, including one by myself.

I was wondering if there is a way to search the archives of all these
postings so that duplication can be avoided and/ or redirected to past
postings.

On 1/8/07, Marco Büchler <mb...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:

> when can we expect this feature. one or two month we could wait.
> otherwise we have to find a new idea of solving our problems.
>
> thank you.
>
> caio
> marco
>

> Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
> > Hi Marco ;
> >
> > support of hashmap , hashtable and two dimensional array are in the TODO
> > lits.
> >
> > Thank<xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" name="return" nillable="true"
> type="xs:string"/>s
> > Deepal
> >
> >> and how is it with String[][]??

> http://pcai056.informatik.uni-leipzig.de:8100/axis2/services/DatentypTestService?wsdl
> ):

> and

> --
> Marco Büchler
> University of Leipzig
> Institute for Computer Science
> Department of Natural Language Processing
> Johannisgasse 26
> 04109 Leipzig, Germany
>
> Room  : 5-43
> Phone : 0341 / -------
> eMail : mbuechler@informatik.uni-leipzig.de
> Web   : http://www.asv.informatik.uni-leipzig.de
>
> ap

warm regards,
Rahul Devgan
Cell: +61-412163412
--- there is no pleasure in life like music ---

Re: [Serialisation of String[][] and HashMap]

Posted by Marco Büchler <mb...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>.

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Marco ;

support of hashmap , hashtable and two dimensional array are in the TODO
lits.

Thanks
Deepal

> and how is it with String[][]??
>

> Deepal Jayasinghe schrieb:
>
>> Hi  Marco ;
>> Axis2 does not handle HashMap and hashtable yet in POJOs.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Deepal
>>

>>> hi,
>>>
>>> we are trying to implement some linguistic webservices. we are still
>>> using an axis1-based work around and wants to switch to axis2.
>>>
>>> we have many webservices. so we have to implement an standard
>>> interface.
>>>
>>> our problem methode has the following singature:
>>> String[][] execute(HashMap <String,String> toCopy);
>>>
>>> our services needs 1 to 8 different properties to run. so it's our
>>> opinion that an easy key-value-mapping, as it is done by the
>>> java.util.HashMap-class, is best case for us.
>>>
>>> our results should be an String[][] because we send maybe a large
>>> amount of datas back. so we think that the user get an representation
>>> of our datas (after deserialisation) in a compact way.
>>>
>>> after running the wsdl2java-tool we have two problems:
>>> a) the client-based execute-methode doesn't have a HashMap and a
>>> String[][]. there are build some classes capsulating an OMElement, if
>>> i remember correct. so it is absolutely not intuitive for us how to
>>> set key-value-properties?
>>> b) we don't understand the wsdl file
>>> (http://pcai056.informatik.uni-leipzig.de:8100/axis2/services/DatentypTestService?wsdl):
>>>

>>> a request will be described as follow:
>>> <xs:element name="execute">
>>>  <xs:complexType>
>>>    <xs:sequence>
>>>      <xs:element name="toCopy" nillable="true" type="xs:anyType"/>
>>>    </xs:sequence>
>>>  </xs:complexType>
>>> </xs:element>
>>>
>>> i understand this section as an normal sequence (array). but how
>>> should a key-value-mapping serialized with such a desription??
>>>

>>> a response is described as follow:
>>> <xs:element name="executeResponse">
>>>  <xs:complexType>
>>>    <xs:sequence>
>>>      <xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" name="return" nillable="true"
>>> type="xs:string"/>
>>>    </xs:sequence>
>>>  </xs:complexType>
>>> </xs:element>
>>> in my opinion it's the same problem: the descritpion is a String[] and
>>> not a String[][].
>>>

>>> can anyone help with serialization and deserialization of String[][]-
>>> and HashMap()-objects using axis2.
>>>
>>> is there any experiences with .NET and String[][] or HashMap?
>>>

>>> thank you.
>>>

>>> ciao
>>> marco

Deepal

Re: [Serialisation of String[][] and HashMap]

Posted by Marco Büchler <mb...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>.
and how is it with String[][]??

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi  Marco ;
Axis2 does not handle HashMap and hashtable yet in POJOs.

Thanks
Deepal

> hi,
>
> we are trying to implement some linguistic webservices. we are still
> using an axis1-based work around and wants to switch to axis2.
>
> we have many webservices. so we have to implement an standard interface.
>
> our problem methode has the following singature:
> String[][] execute(HashMap <String,String> toCopy);
>
> our services needs 1 to 8 different properties to run. so it's our
> opinion that an easy key-value-mapping, as it is done by the
> java.util.HashMap-class, is best case for us.
>
> our results should be an String[][] because we send maybe a large
> amount of datas back. so we think that the user get an representation
> of our datas (after deserialisation) in a compact way.
>
> after running the wsdl2java-tool we have two problems:
> a) the client-based execute-methode doesn't have a HashMap and a
> String[][]. there are build some classes capsulating an OMElement, if
> i remember correct. so it is absolutely not intuitive for us how to
> set key-value-properties?
> b) we don't understand the wsdl file
> (http://pcai056.informatik.uni-leipzig.de:8100/axis2/services/DatentypTestService?wsdl):
>

> a request will be described as follow:
> <xs:element name="execute">
>   <xs:complexType>
>     <xs:sequence>
>       <xs:element name="toCopy" nillable="true" type="xs:anyType"/>
>     </xs:sequence>
>   </xs:complexType>
> </xs:element>
>
> i understand this section as an normal sequence (array). but how
> should a key-value-mapping serialized with such a desription??
>

> a response is described as follow:
> <xs:element name="executeResponse">
>   <xs:complexType>
>     <xs:sequence>
>       <xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" name="return" nillable="true"
> type="xs:string"/>
>     </xs:sequence>
>   </xs:complexType>
> </xs:element>
> in my opinion it's the same problem: the descritpion is a String[] and
> not a String[][].
>

> can anyone help with serialization and deserialization of String[][]-
> and HashMap()-objects using axis2.
>
> is there any experiences with .NET and String[][] or HashMap?
>

> thank you.
>

> ciao
> marco

Deepal