Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by HARSHIT BANSAL <hb...@ec.iitr.ac.in> on 2019/03/08 03:51:16 UTC

Regarding GSOC'19

Hi, I am Harshit, a third-year ECE major at Indian Institute of Technology,
Roorkee.
I was interested in the project "Computer Vision Based PPI Tool". I had
some doubts in my mind regarding the idea:
I was thinking of the following protoype:
1.) The user would enter the app, and upload some images.
2.) He would be given the option to select the country, for which he wishes
to calculate the PPI. (*Doubt*: How many countries to provide the support
for?)
3.) Next, the questions of the specific country would appear with the
confident answers to those questions.(e.g. Is refrigerator present?, Is gas
stove present?)
Also some questions would be unanswered, like the education of the lead
female member(*Doubt*: Is there a way we can answer such questions?)
4.) The user would be able to manually correct any answer, and then the
final PPI would be calculated.
I request you to suggest any improvements/changes in it.
Secondly, regarding the training on Google Cloud Vision, how would I
get/prepare the training set?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Harshit

Re: Regarding GSOC'19

Posted by Vishwas Babu <vi...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
Hi Harshit,

I believe that the project you are referring to is being mentored by the
Mifos Initiative.

Apache Fineract and the Mifos Initiative are two separate projects
participating in the google summer of code.
https://mifos.org/blog/infrastructure-apache-mifosx/ gives you an overview
of how these projects are related. You can get in touch with the Mifos
developer community on their mailing lists at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mifos/lists/mifos-developer .

In case you are interested in projects mentored by Apache Fineract,
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5907d905e6f51e1b845d9a240920bb4d28c58d3cfceb24bbac2b3bf4@%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E
would help provide an overview of the type of projects we are planning. We
are still in the process of consolidating the same and expect to have the
finalized list of projects out by the end of next week.

All the very best for google summer of code!

Regards,
Vishwas

Re: Regarding GSOC'19

Posted by HARSHIT BANSAL <hb...@ec.iitr.ac.in>.